SPLIT MOUNTAIN QUAIL & PRESERVE, LLC
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Here are some commonly asked questions along with answers.
E-mail or call us if you have a question that is not addressed on this website.
Otherwise... come on out and squeeze the trigger!
- I have never quail hunted before. Do I need to be experienced to participate in a hunt?
As with many sporting activities experience can be helpful, but it is not necessary. It is helpful if you
have hunting experience. We suggest that if this is your first quail hunt that you utilize
the services of one of our guides.
- How many people are allowed to participate in a hunt?
3 people actively hunting are permitted per zone; our preserve has 3 zones each between 35-40 acres
located within the 700+ acres at Fowler Farms Sporting Clays.
- What is the cost to participate in a quail hunt?
The price can vary depending on whether you provide your own dog, shotgun, ammunition, or utilize one
of our guides.
There is a basic fee for a three hour hunt, and additional fees if we provide those items/services.
Call us for pricing information and to schedule your hunt!
DEPOSITS SHOULD BE SENT TO:
Split Mountain Quail & Preserve
4033 Max Patch Road
Clyde, NC 28721
- What do I need to bring to a hunt?
First, be sure you have a North Carolina hunting license.
In-state residents can use an existing NC hunting license or get a special license for $20 annually
that permits hunting on a quail preserve.
Out-of-state residents can purchase the $20 annual special permit for hunting on a quail preserve.
Licenses can be purchased at the nearby Trust General Store or by calling: 1-888-248-6834
- proper safety attire, bright colored clothing is recommended such as hunter orange
- weather appropriate attire and footwear
- a shotgun between a .410 to 12 gauge; with a 20 gauge being most popular
- suitable ammunition is a 7 1/2 - 8 load shell
- a cooler with ice to take your birds with you (if you want)
We provide ziplock bags,and if using the services of one of our guides they can assist you in dressing your bird/s.
- What about the weather?
We offer hunts WEATHER PERMITTING. Since hunting season occurs during our winter be prepared with
proper clothing and footwear, too.
- Is quail edible?
Yes! Take it home, bake it or fry it up!
- I know someone that would enjoy participating in a hunt. Can I purchase a gift certificate?
Sure, just let us know and we'll provide you a gift certificate. Gift certificates can be great gifts for someone
that is "hard to buy for" for a birthday or other occasion.
- What form of payments do you accept?
At this time we accept checks or cash.
Maybe your visiting in the area for a weekend or vacation?
Cook up your quail for a meal.
If we miss your call be sure to leave a message.
We'll return your call at our earliest convenience.
You can adjust the volume of this sound effect in this box.